Ways to Overcoming a Broken Heart
- Allow yourself time to heal, and know that you can heal. Whether the loss is due to death, rejection, or other reason.
- It is normal to grieve over a loss of a love for any reason.
- It usually takes two to three years for a couple whose relationship has broken up to begin to put their lives back together again. It sometimes takes five years for individuals and families to get over the emotional pain and trauma. Many people can have serious health and emotional problems during this time.
- Realize that you still can find love and happiness.
- Realize that you can control how you think, what you think about, and how much.
- A key is to concentrate on the positives you have in the present. Not thinking about the future or past.
- Being around people and getting involved in helping others is a good way to accelerate the process of healing.
- Laughing helps too, so see a comedy, watch funny things.
- Helping others helps you loose sight of your own losses.
- It is strongly suggested that you take the intensity of your feelings and re-direct them into doing something constructive that helps others.
- Do volunteer work; it can help the healing process greatly. Especially, if the volunteer work involves working with others, and feeling gratitude from those you are helping. Channelling the power of your feelings to accomplish constructive acts is very, very helpful.
- Actively work to feel better.
- Act happy and smile. Even if you don’t feel that way, it should start to make you feel that way.
- Life will be better