What You Should Understand About Raising Boys
Parenting is challenging and no parent will tell you that it is easy to raise children. Girls may not really give parent tough time but boys will surely do and it is not their fault but it’s their genetic make-up. But come to think of it, who said parenting can’t be fun? Raising up your children will depend on the angle at which you’re looking at it. It’s really challenging but you can make it fun if you desire.
As parents, there are certain things you need to understand about raising boys and this understanding will help you in properly bringing your boy up without much difficult challenge that nearly all boys do bring about when they are growing up.
1. Boys tend to mature more slowly especially when it comes to language development, social skills and their ever desire motor skills.
2. As boys enter into adolescence stage, they are more boisterous, organizationally challenged, more self-conscious and more awkward than girls.
3. Growing up boys tend will want to fight in school especially to support their friends or mates and also if you said something awkward about their sister. Loyalty is a high driver for most of them.
4. Know that boys are group oriented and as they are growing up, they will to be part of a group even from school age to adolescence. So, will be impossible to separate them from this their wish, except you really want to give yourself tough time.
5. If you want to really enjoy boys, show them real love, they are ready to walk over hot coal or broken glass if they are sure you like them.
6. If you want to know how a boy feels, just ask him how he thinks… and he’ll probably tell you how he feels.
7. Boys like boundaries and limits because it helps them learn and at the same time they love to push against those boundaries and limits. So, you would better have enough energy if you are raising boys because of this their characteristics.
8. Boys generally are more spontaneous than girls, so strategies that help boys think and reflect on their behaviour are really beneficial.
9. Boys embarrass easily and they generally respond better when they are praised in private, rather than public appraisal.
When you understand the differences between genders your discipline, confidence-building and communication strategies have greater impact, particularly when parenting boys.
There are so many other areas that you will need to understand about boys when parenting them, but with the ones stated above, you won’t find it too difficult to raise your boys at home