Topless Kate Photo Published Is Creating Pandemonium

Kate Middleton wife of Prince William topless photo published in international magazine is currently generating controversies among countries. First, French tabloid Closer magazine published a series of photos of Kate Middleton sunbathing topless on Friday, sending shockwaves around the world and provoking a stern statement from the palace as the royal family still reels from the Prince Harry naked photo scandal.
It was the turn of an Irish tabloid newspaper again, it broke ranks with its British and Irish rivals to publish topless pictures of the wife of Prince William on Saturday, angering its British co-owners and risking legal action from the royal family. The Irish Daily Star published a two-page spread of 10 photographs of the duchess from Closer magazine under the headline “Angry Kate to sue mag over snaps”. A teaser headline on the front page promised “the magazine shots everyone wants to see”.And by Monday, an Italian gossip magazine said it would follow by publishing a 26-page reportage on the duchess on Monday that would include the pictures.

The royal couple have already begun action against the French magazine Closer for publishing a dozen shots of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge – the former Kate Middleton – taken as she slipped off her bikini top while sunbathing at a secluded French country house.
Here is what Mike O’Kane the Irish Daily Star editor told BBC “I did this as a service to our readers, I’m a little taken aback by the reaction in the UK,” “It only seems to be an issue in the UK because she is your future queen. But from our point of view in Ireland, Kate Middleton is just another of the fantastic line of celebrities.”
No British papers publish the photograph of Kate Middleton, even the Sun that run pictures of William’s brother Harry naked in a Las Vegas hotel last month did not have the photo published.
The pictures have reignited a debate over privacy and freedom of the press, especially in Britain, where media could face new regulations after a series of publishing scandals
Closer’s pictures, already circulating widely on the Internet, were also picked up by several foreign publications.
The Greek newspaper Eleftheros Typos had two photographs of the duchess, one showing her topless, on its front page.
“Her picture will be probably available online until the end of the earth. But it’s not the end of the world,” commentator Maria Laura Rodota wrote in Italy’s biggest daily, Corriere della Sera.
“Their Royal Highnesses have been hugely saddened to learn that a French publication and a photographer have invaded their privacy in such a grotesque and totally unjustifiable manner. The incident is reminiscent of the worst excesses of the press and paparazzi during the life of Diana, Princess of Wales, and all the more upsetting to the duke and duchess for being so. Their Royal Highnesses had every expectation of privacy in the remote house. It is unthinkable that anyone should take such photographs, let alone publish them.”
In a statement released today by St. James’s Palace, the royal family has decided to sue Closer over the photos. According to a statement released “legal proceedings for breach of privacy have been commenced today in France” by the royal couple.
Closer’s editor, however, stands by the decision to publish the pics, saying, “These are pictures that are full of joy. The pictures are not degrading.”

Sources:  NBC NEWSand huffingtonpost

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top