All eyes on the ultimate prize as Season 9 of Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS), Nigeria’s first 100 % locally produced reality TV show, gets set to commence.
N9 million, a brand new SUV and N500,000 swaggar allowance awaits the winner. There is also the bragging right of being referred to as an “Ultimate Champion” and subsequent induction into the Gulder Ultimate Search “Hall of Fame”.
Ever since the very first edition was held on the Snake Islands, off the Atlantic Ocean coast of Lagos State in 2004, subsequent editions have been staged in different forests across Nigeria. In 2005, the show was held at Obudu Hills, Calabar, Cross River State while the 2006 edition was held at the Nigerian Institute for Oil Palm Research, NIFOR, Edo State.
In 2007, the show moved to Shere hills, Jos, Plateau State. The popular Agwu Hills in Enugu State hosted the 2008 edition. In 2009 and 2010, GUS was held in Omodo forest, in Osun State and J4, Omo Forest, Ogun State, respectively. By 2011, Edo State became the first state to host the show twice. Gulder Ultimate Search 8 was held at the Egbetua forest Quarters, Ososo Hill, Akoko Edo.“So where will Season 9 hold this year? The answer remains shrouded in secrecy; but will soon be revealed”
This year, the hallowed jungle awaits brave and daring young men and women, courageous enough to attempt to unearth the long lost fortune, hidden centuries ago by a wise Gatekeeper- a true hero of old.
The jungle is not kind to the contestants. This is not an adventure for the faint-hearted or lily-livered. It is a contest that will test contestants’ endurance, strength, courage and mental alertness. Past contestants have attested to the fact that Gulder Ultimate Search is no make-belief. What is beamed on TV is as real as it gets!
Contestants are cut off from the luxury of the outside world. Reality sets in as they have to make do with the bare essentials they can lay their hands on in the thick forests. With the bare ground for beds, sticks for walls and palm fronds for shelter, they are at the mercy of severe rains and the scorching sun. Nature sometimes is not kind.
Creeping creatures of the jungle also lurk around. Even food becomes a luxury and sometimes is not guaranteed. In the jungle, friends become foes and every contestant a threat, as they battle for the ultimate prize.
See The Guideline For This Year’s Participation Below
In order to participate, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Be between the ages of 21 and 30 years old.
- Carefully read and agree to the Terms and Conditions required for applicants.
- Download and carefully read the Terms and Conditions Form before signing it.
- Fill out the on-line Entry Form and upload a recent photograph in the space provided for it on the Entry Form and submit the Form on-line. If you qualify a mail will be sent to your email box within 24hrs containing 1. Terms and Conditions Form and 2. The Referee Form as attachments.
- Other details/instructions will be communicated to you via email and through this website so ensure you check back from time to time.
- Possess demonstrable skills in the following vital areas: strength, confidence, endurance, physical and health fitness.
- Applicant’s two referees MUST be reputable members of the society, one of whom MUST BE the Applicant’s Parent or Guardian. The Referees must authenticate the claims of the applicant by signing the form.
Important Information on the Registration Form
- Your Body statistic: Here you must know your height in feet & inches as required on the page.
- Your Maximum Image of photo upload Size: 500 Kilobytes, JPEG format only.
- Your Next of kin Detail
- Your Personal Detail
- You’re to choose where you will be screen by yourself among these venues: Lagos, Owerri, Makurdi, & Benin.
- State Your health condition and whether you can swim.
Application Closing Date
September 13th, 2012.
Mode of Registration/Application
To Start the Register Now CLICK HERE (Closed)
For Further Enquiries if You’re Having Problem in Application/Registration
Call any of the following numbers: 08162164356, 07059514986 or our Consumer Care Line: 0700 82558662752
Or send an e-mail to [email protected]