How to Celebrate Workers Day with Friends and Family
Workers Day, Labor Day or May Day whichever that is being called in your country, it mean the same thing. It is a day set aside for workers to have holiday to themselves but often time, it’s the day that most workers press for increase working condition, join national rallies to press home their demand to the government.
How did Workers Day come into existence? According to Wikipedia;
Everything about workers day is not about protest to the employer of labor for your right, it is also a day to celebrate with your friends, colleagues at work and don’t forget to celebrate it with your family after all it’s a public holiday.
International Workers’ Day is the commemoration of the 1886 Haymarket affair in Chicago. The police were trying to disperse a public assembly during a general strike for the eight-hour workday, when an unidentified person threw a bomb at them. The police reacted by firing on the workers, killing four demonstrators. “Reliable witnesses testified that all the pistol flashes came from the center of the street, where the police were standing, and none from the crowd.
How do you celebrate the day? Simple! Follow these few guides in organizing your workers day celebration.
First thing here is that you have to organize your day’s activities for this special day. Set aside how you want to spend your time and ensure that you try as much as possible to follow it the way you want it.
- If there is call by the National union of workers and the gathering is within your reach, join them and participate for the rally. But if it’s far away from where you are, just stay in your house and follow other programme you plan in celebrating it in your own way
- Organize food and drinks for friends and colleagues after your rally to have fun.
- If you have the financial capability, you can take it further by taking them to hotel and bar to have a fun-fill day. Don’t do it overnight because you still have your family to celebrate the Labor Day with.
- At evening time, come back home to start the celebration with your family and enjoy every bit of it with them
- If you are the type that don’t always stay at home with your family because of work, you may not border organizing any party outside your home. It is advisable to organize it with your family and make it an in house thing where you will have the time to stay with them and have fun as a loving father or mother.
- Don’t overdo everything because the next day, you’re returning to duty. If you exhaust yourself, chances are that you will be tired to meet up with your work the following day, your employer will not be happy with that most especially if you had protested against their policy on workers a day before.
This is how I spend my Workers Days and it’s wonderful. I don’t know how you’ve been spending your Labor Day, but I’m sure you may want to share yours with us, we will appreciate it if you can share it with us. Please use the comment form below to let us her you.