Rushing into a Relationship; Basic Things to Know
Rushing into a Relationship Advice
Relationships are fun to be in, when you really enjoy being with your partner. The catch of keeping this adventure and freshness in your relationship is, to take each day as it comes and not rushing into a relationship, because you want it to work. Time, Space and Communication are what you need before rushing into relationship, the three of them are highlighted below:
- When you get into a relationship for the first time, it is important to give each other enough time to decide about what you are getting into.
- Don’t rush into making plans every night and day, as that will make you addicted to the person and then, someday if he/she isn’t available, you could feel bad.
- If you have recently met someone, you would like to meet again, call once and let them know you are interested. If they respond, make plans and if not, let go!
- If things work well and the both of you hit it off, even then, don’t be very pushy and curious about their lives as there are abandonment issues in relationships which can make you insecure. Make sure you give each other the same amount of time, as rushing into a relationship will complicate things ahead.
- Giving each other equal amount of space in your lives is also quite important. Don’t get too nagging about commitments, as you are only in a relationship, not a marriage.
- Both of you need friends, so make sure you have some time away from each other, so you can have a life, beyond your relationship. It is very unhealthy to be obsessive about a person or a relationship.
- Don’t get suspicious in a relationship as that will ruin the foundation of trust which you are trying to build for each other. Respect the space of your partner and leave them alone, as you are only building the stages of a healthy relationship.
- You need to communicate with each other as much as you can, and express your feelings of togetherness. It is very important to say, “I love you”, to each other, as this helps you know, you will be there for them no matter what happens.Your views, feelings, affection, likes, dislikes, etc. define who you are, and thus communicating these with your partner will help you grow in a relationship. Both of you will know if you are compatible and help you take a decision on whether or not to stay together.
- You relationship only grows from friendship and then into love when you communicate with the person you are attracted to. Lack of communication in relationships will never allow you to bond with each other in order to spend the rest of your lives together.