Starting Over Again When Your Long Term Relationship Ends
Nobody will want to see his or her long term relationship ends just like that after so much have been invested into the relationship. But whether you and I like it or not, it is bound to happen, it may not be directly your own relationship but what about that of your friends. Though no one likes it but we have to come to the reality of it, if thing are not going well even after long stay in a relationship, there is possibility that one of the party may call it quit and there is nothing the other person can do about it. It is a personal decision and so be it except if there is external influence on the matter, then you may try to win back your love.
So, how do you start over again when your long term relationship ends?
I know that it is a difficult thing to forget about where you’ve been for several months running into years and wanting to start over again. Lots of thing would have changed and you’ll need to learn how it is being done since last you left the chasing scene.
- First of all, you need to understand what the dating scene requires of you by being yourself and not trying to change the core of who you are. This does not mean you cannot try to reinvent the latest happening into your life, but trying to completely change your old self will only put you in the place where you will not like, you may think doing that will make more people to like you, but I must tell you this, that you’ll be disappointed at the end of it all. Being yourself will attract the kind of people that love who you are to you. In other not to start another relationship and get it terminated after much investment again, try and be the real you, so that whoever that comes to love you will love you for who you really are.
- When you meet new people, try as much as possible to know for who they are, don’t try bombard them with stories of your part relationship. If you are finding it too difficult to avoid the stories of your part relationship, chances are that you don’t ready to start another relationship that will accommodate you with your present status. Relax!
- Learn not be too quick to settle down with one person, remember that dating game is to catch fun and ensure you catch your fun while searching for the one that will fit the pattern of the way you want to live your life. [Read; Why long term courtship is not good for woman]
- Meet your friends especially the singles ones to know the perspective of the dating game in vogue. Learn as much as you can from them but only use the one you think will fit your lifestyle, the one you’re comfortable with. Getting back into the dating arena is somewhat difficult after long time absence but you just have to be open minded, ask questions and you will get answer that will help you discover the next person that is well-fitted for your relationship that won’t break up after some months or years.
- If you’re not ready for it, don’t force yourself into it in other to get back into what you use to, you will end up disappointed. So, follow your instinct when deciding to go with whoever you are going out on a date with. If you’re not feeling comfortable or feeling any compatibility with your date, don’t bother for a second date with the same person. Things may appears to look sparkling but remember that sparks fails and every of your experience along the way count in meet the right person for you. [Also Read; How long should a relationship last before getting married]
Seriously, you need to take your time. Courting again doesn’t mean you need to go out on a date every time. Give yourself some breathing space, your next relationship could be the one that destine to lasts and you’ll want to be sure that you get it right this time around. It may take sometimes, maybe few months or even years but don’t make any permanent decisions until you really are ready for what comes after.
What do you think is the most challenging when starting over a new relationship after the former relationship ended? Please leave you comment in the comment box below and don’t forget to help us share this post using any of the social media icons below.