Lagos State University 18th Convocation Ceremony Main Day’s Event
Lagos State University 18th graduation ceremony main day event which is day 6 20th Feb. 2013 of the whole even is the heart of the graduation ceremony where first degree holder will be confirmed as real graduate of the institution. Lagos State University is situated in the Centre of Excellent and State of Aquatic splendor, it has the vision of becoming the preferred University of Excellence with cutting edge research; it upholds the following values and principles; Academic freedom, Excellence and quality, Honesty, integrity and professional ethics, Respect for Human Rights and Sensitivity and responsiveness to the aspiration of Lagos State, the nation and the world.
THIS ARE VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL GRADUANDS
- Parents of graduands AND invited guests are advised to be seated NOT later than 9.35 a.m. on each day. The assistance of Faculty Officers should be sought to ensure that the hood AND cap are properly worn. The tassels (Cords) of the Cap should be positioned to the right.
- First Degree Graduands, are to move the tassels of their caps from right to left at a point during the ceremony, when the Vice chancellor declares: “I admit you all”. This signifies their admission into the body of Graduates of Lagos State University (LASU). Higher Degree recipients should put on their caps, with the tassels placed at the left hand side, since they already have their first degrees.
- Female graduands are expected to show courtesy, when they shake hands with the Vice Chancellor, while male graduands should bow, but should NOT remove their caps.
- Graduands are to join the Convocation procession by 9.45 a.m.
- Graduands in each Faculty are expected to be seated, in the sections provided for them in the New University Auditorium Complex.
- UNAUTHORIZED MOVEMENTS AND TAKING OF PHOTOGRAPHS will NOT be allowed during the Convocation Ceremony. Graduands are therefore advised in their own interest to complete such activity before coming in to the New University Auditorium Complex OR wait till after the ceremony. Any graduand who leaves his/her seat while the ceremony is on will NOT be allowed to return to the Auditorium. This is to ensure ORDERLINESS during the Convocation Ceremonies.
- Graduands AND guests under the canopy are requested to be orderly, and stand when the Academic Procession enters AND leaves the convocation venue.
- Graduands should be properly robed; they are also advised to conform to the colour, prescribed for their Faculties.
- All graduands are required to immediately commence and complete the process of their clearance in their respective College/Schools/Faculties before the ceremony, in order to facilitate the collection of their degree certificates on the day of Convocation.
The convocation package for Lagos State University 18th Convocation comprising:
- Order of proceedings
- Convocation brochure and souvenir magazine (1 copy each) AND
- Academic Attire
Will be given out to Graduands by their respective Faculty Officers OR Secretary to the Postgraduate School for Higher Degrees:
The Main Date, Venue and Time
Wednesday, February 20th 2013: Award of First Degrees and Diplomas in all Faculties Venue: New University Auditorium Complex, Ojo.
Time: 9.30 a.m. – Graduands are to be seated in the Auditorium
10.00 a.m. – University procession
Please Note: Kindly be informed that once the academic procession begins, there shall be no movement in and out of the Auditorium.
Congratulation to all the Graduands. Lagos State University 18th Convocation
Are You Single and Tire of Living a Lonely Life? CLICK HERE To Discover How and Where to Meet The Kind of Man You'll Love to Marry
Go Into The World And Explore, You Are The One The One The World Is Waiting For. Welcome!