Lagos Fashion and Design Week 2013 Entry Opens
Lagos Fashion and Design Week open entries for the International Young Fashion Entrepreneur & Young Designer of the year Awards 2013.
Lagos Fashion and Design Week (LFDW) is now accepting applications for the Young Creative Entrepreneur (YCE) & Young Designer (YD) of the year awards 2013.
Are You Single and Tire of Living a Lonely Life? CLICK HERE To Discover How and Where to Meet The Kind of Man You'll Love to Marry
About Lagos Fashion and Design Week
Lagos Fashion and Design Week is a multi day fashion event platform which aims to drive the Nigerian fashion economy and lift its profile within the industry by bringing together buyers, consumers and the media to view the current collections of designers in the fashion capital of Lagos, Nigeria. Beyond the event, Lagos Fashion and Design Week is a platform that has since 2011, succeeded in re-positioning fashion as a useful tool for commerce and creativity in Nigeria.
More Facts You Need to Know about Lagos Fashion and Design Week (LFDW)
- British Council and LFDW have identified the need to identify such talents and provide them with the right networking abilities to further expose their business to the much needed prominence and simultaneously grow the Nigerian fashion industry.
- LFDW normally chooses between 10 – 12 young designers who are trained in Master Classes by British Council for a week to enhance their design skills towards their competition during Lagos Fashion & Design Week, where one designer will be crowned the winner.
- The winner of the Fashion award will be invited to take part in a tour of the industry in the UK during London Fashion Week. We anticipate that this tour will take place in 2014.
- The YCE awards programme is unique in that it rewards the talent and initiative of young creative entrepreneurs from across the creative fashion industry recognizing the central role they play in the development of a competitive and sustainable creative economy. One of the key objectives of the YCE programme is to sensitise the UK creative sector to the opportunities that come from working with other creative entrepreneurs in emerging economies. A second objective is to better understand the dynamics of being an entrepreneur in the creative economy.
- With the young designer of the year award, LFDW offers young fashion designers the opportunity to be participants at targeted seminars and workshops facilitated by British Council and a chance to exhibit their collection in front of a select audience at Lagos Fashion and Design Week. At LFDW, its aim is to promote and nurture the talents of today’s young, creative innovators, so that tomorrow’s creative industries can continue to play a major role in the economy of Nigeria and the rest of the world; and to provide young talents with a platform for their ideas and designs.
The screening sessions for the awards will kick off in three states as follows with their respective date of screening
- Port Harcourt on the 26th of August, 2013
- Abuja on the 28th of August, 2013
- Lagos on the 30th of August, 2013.
Prizes for the Winners
- British Council facilitated Master classes
- British Council facilitated networking opportunities with creative entrepreneurs globally at London Fashion Week
- Mentorship opportunities with leaders in the creative industry
- Retail opportunities with leading brands in the industry.
- The LFDW Young Designer of The Year cash prize from MTN
Registration will End
323rd August, 2013
How and Where to Apply
Visit: http://lagosfashionanddesignweek.com, check the award section by the left and click on it OR Click Here Now to start your application.
Please Note: You will require to download the application which is in Ms-Word format, you will then fill it and submit.
For More Information